I have spent more than 10 days now at York and it has been quite an experience here. However before I elaborate on my experiences I want to put forth some of my past experiences which have driven me to where I am today.
I can categorize my past one and half years of effort into distinct phases. Preparing for GMAT, building my profile, applications and visa processing are the main phases on my way here and are also mentioned in the chronological sequence. Although building one's profile is a part of everyone's life, while preparing for MBA it becomes essential and an important factor to get you into a top B School. I can also say that the phases mentioned are listed in ascending difficulty levels, with GMAT preparation being the least difficult one (cannot say it was easy :)) to Visa processing being the toughest one. Visa processing became tough for me because I had not planned well on financing my MBA. If one takes care of it beforehand it can be a piece of cake.
Coming back to York, it has a pretty big campus and it is a part of Toronto itself. To explain you a bit more there are no clear boundaries to isolate it from the city. However, one immediately
feels inside campus as he/she is in it. I had booked a bachelor's apartment inside the campus. Pretty comfortable. There are apartments which can be shared and more economical. Once you are inside York you can explore more options to live in it as per your budget. Schulich School of Business takes a small part of the campus but has got impressive infrastructure and facilities. More or less the entire York Campus has got wireless connectivity, including Schulich of course.
I have joined Schulich to pursue a two year full time MBA course. I am yet to finalize on my specialization but plan to do it in finance. My classes are going to start next week. Having said that I have got a first hand feel of class room experience while I attended some MBA prep classes. These classes were fantastic in a way to gear up an incoming student to the actual MBA classes. Whether the student perceives it or not, he/she gains a good headstart in academic and classroom experience. Moreover, it was interesting to see a great blend of diverse mix of students in the class in terms of industry background and geography. Sometimes the discussions and ideas can overwhelm you. Talking about the Profs, each one of them has his unique style but effective in their own subjects. They often lead you to ideas which you may not have thought about on conventional topics. Of course, there are avenues for students to party which I have not availed of yet but plan to soon. Apart from that Schulich environ encourages you to network and there are lot of clubs to facilitate it.
The current week is the Launch week for the new incoming MBA students. There are programs lined up for this week. Next week the actual classes are starting. Hope to keep you posted more about Schulich.
I can categorize my past one and half years of effort into distinct phases. Preparing for GMAT, building my profile, applications and visa processing are the main phases on my way here and are also mentioned in the chronological sequence. Although building one's profile is a part of everyone's life, while preparing for MBA it becomes essential and an important factor to get you into a top B School. I can also say that the phases mentioned are listed in ascending difficulty levels, with GMAT preparation being the least difficult one (cannot say it was easy :)) to Visa processing being the toughest one. Visa processing became tough for me because I had not planned well on financing my MBA. If one takes care of it beforehand it can be a piece of cake.
Coming back to York, it has a pretty big campus and it is a part of Toronto itself. To explain you a bit more there are no clear boundaries to isolate it from the city. However, one immediately
feels inside campus as he/she is in it. I had booked a bachelor's apartment inside the campus. Pretty comfortable. There are apartments which can be shared and more economical. Once you are inside York you can explore more options to live in it as per your budget. Schulich School of Business takes a small part of the campus but has got impressive infrastructure and facilities. More or less the entire York Campus has got wireless connectivity, including Schulich of course.
I have joined Schulich to pursue a two year full time MBA course. I am yet to finalize on my specialization but plan to do it in finance. My classes are going to start next week. Having said that I have got a first hand feel of class room experience while I attended some MBA prep classes. These classes were fantastic in a way to gear up an incoming student to the actual MBA classes. Whether the student perceives it or not, he/she gains a good headstart in academic and classroom experience. Moreover, it was interesting to see a great blend of diverse mix of students in the class in terms of industry background and geography. Sometimes the discussions and ideas can overwhelm you. Talking about the Profs, each one of them has his unique style but effective in their own subjects. They often lead you to ideas which you may not have thought about on conventional topics. Of course, there are avenues for students to party which I have not availed of yet but plan to soon. Apart from that Schulich environ encourages you to network and there are lot of clubs to facilitate it.
The current week is the Launch week for the new incoming MBA students. There are programs lined up for this week. Next week the actual classes are starting. Hope to keep you posted more about Schulich.
No comments:
Post a Comment